Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post-Op Fusion, Roller Coasters?

Hey everyone,
Im new to this whole forum thing so bare with me if you can.

Anyways, on December 16th i had an "L-4/L-5/S-1 Fusion with instrumentation" or something along those words to repair a broken L4 lumbar vertebra and crushed L5 that was caused playing football. At first i tried to play through it for 3 years but It developed into DDD (Disk Degenerative Disease) and the had to operate to save the feeling in my legs cause they were numb almost all the time more and more every day. Needless to say, the Doc being known as the top in California, i now have full feeling from the break down and the surgery all went well and am expected to recover fully. (cried happy tears being able to feel my legs again the moment i woke up from surgery.

So thats the basic outline of my story minus a bunch of other trips and scans and years of therapy and all that but all in all, I'm at the 3 week mark where I'm able to start riding in cars of others i just can't drive myself for another 2 weeks. Doc says i have recovered "Remarkably and insanely quick" and removed the staples early and discontinued all at home care at 10 days out. Of course I'm still being extra cautious cause even though theres absolutely no pain and i feel better than before surgery, i know the screws and rods aren't 100% set and any "Bending Lifting or Twisting" could mess it all up so I'm still being cautious and losing my mind back at home at my parents house. He said that at 3 months ill begin Physical Therapy where the bone will be completely set and ill just be working on regaining my strength, but my question is, at that 3 month mark, would i be able to go to a theme park. I want to take my girlfriend on a trip south to Disney Land or Sea World for her birthday. Sea World wouldn't be a problem cause its not any crazy rides or any of that, but if my back can hold up through rigorous physical therapy, would it be able to hold up at a theme park on roller coasters?

Of course its a question ill have to ask my surgeon himself when i got back at the 6 week mark to see him, but I'm the guy where i just want to know ahead of time if my question is stupid or not so I'm not shocked.

Any input is greatly appreciated.