Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

18 days post surgery

Good evening all! I am 18 days post op from a TLIF surgery of L4, L5, S1...I have to say Im doing extremely well. I just walked my 1/2 mile on treadmill today and it felt pretty good! I'm keeping my nutrition pretty well balanced and using my essential oils instead of using the pain meds. I can officially say I only utilized the 1st set of rx meds they sent me home with and won't have to use any more...atleast not until physical therapy....LOL. I believe my Dr is going to be amazed at how well I'm healing! I know he was extremely amazed at how little bleeding there was during my surgery as well as after! I can't wait for my appointment on the 28th to show him just how well Im healing! It's all in the mind!! Think positive thoughts, visualize your healing...and it will happen!!! :)

• christibencchristiben Posts: 121
    edited 01/08/2015 - 10:01 AM
    Wow, Carri . That's terrific! May i ask your age range? I'm 52 and am healing much less slower than you, but pretty much according to schedule. My biggest issue is how easily i tire now. Keep on moving!
  • Being tired is normal. It's your body's way of healing. What stinks is when you are tired, but can't get comfortable enough to sleep. It's great to see Carrie healing so well! It's nice to have good stories come out on the site.

Christiben - You will bounce back! Do not let it get you down! It's real easy after surgery to get depressed because you don't feel like your healing fast enough.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Nicklr32NNicklr32 Posts: 28
    edited 02/01/2015 - 4:50 PM
    That's awesome Carrie! I'm post op17 days TLIF same spot. I have felt like I am doing pretty well too except for a few random pains and incidents. Not doing as well on pain meds. I'm only taking 1 a day for the most part. Two a couple of days that I really overdid it. Glad it is going well for you. Jealous you can do treadmill!