Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back pain woke up cant feel left side

I have a bulging disc and narrowing spinal canal. Last night my left leg start feeling it was sleep. When I woke up my left side of back is numb and left leg feels numb and is making me scared to walk. I called my np she hasn't called.. anyone had this issue before. Scheduled for discogram end of month..

• The disc bulge was about 6 months ago. I started having a numb left toe about the same time as mri 6 months ago. I have had epidural injection once. It didn't work. I'm on gabapentin 2600 mg. All yesterday my left leg has felt heavy. My knee keeps popping and hurting. I try not to lift things but you know how that goes.. I have a 4 yr old. On 1/23 I will have a discogram. I'm nervous about that for several reasons. I heard it really hurts. I think my a nerve is impenged. I also heard doctors do discograms when they are thinking about surgery.. my pain meds aren't working period. I'm on a water bottle daily and my life has changed... I have no life. Have any of this happen to you? Today my leg feels the same. I called my nurse and nobody has called me.. it's like she don't care.. I'm going to switch back to the main doctor..last week was the first time she touched my back. When she looked at my back she said " you have adeep indent in your back. Let's get this discogram going" . What does that mean. I'm on gabapentin 2600 mg,diclofen 75, tizandine. The meds aren't helping. I'm scared about my my left leg.
    Oh and when the nurse checked my feeling in lower back I couldn't feel much on left side.. now it's worse. I do t know how to get her to dig into this more. Plus I'm wondering if I'm doing a discogram to prep for surgery. Help please.

• I'm surprised no-one else has answered. I was interested to hear others experiences. I've always been told that the purpose of a discogram it to make sure that the pain generator has been correctly identified before surgery, as you said. Which disc are they doing? Has anyone mentioned surgery to you?

I was wondering has anyone else had a discogram rather than nerve tests etc as a diagnostic tool just to find the cause of pain?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • To be honest all I know is it's lower back. I'm very nervous of the pain. I've had an epidural injection and I did well. The injection didn't help me at all. It actually made me hurt more. No one has said anything about surgery.. I will know more Friday morning. I hope to get more answers that day..