Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 weeks post op l5 lam w/instrumentation off meds

Hi all. I'm four weeks out and just finished a week of hydrocodone withdrawal. I have never been through anything so horrible in my life. I went cold turkey mainly due to a mistake in not refilling the medication. I was only on them about four months and was so sick I thought I was going to die. I found Dramamine to be very helpful. Pain is about a 5 if I overdo it too much. The upside is that I can better feel when I need to rest and I'm not as zoned out so feel comfortable making short drives. Things are beginning to look up, but still a ways to go. pt starts tomorrow. Best wishes to you all.

• EvsolutionsEEvsolutions Posts: 21
    edited 01/06/2015 - 5:35 PM
    Hi mate,
    I'm sorry to hear this, we have spoke about this before on here I think. So that is quite a shock to me to hear what you went through that's terrible I hope it's better now, what mg were you on? I was on hydro pre & post surgery and am also on slow release oxy also. I have spoken to my doc about this and god I hope we ween slowly off these. What did you go through/feel if you don't mind me asking? I would love to know, I to went away pre surgery & forgot to take my pills with me & first day had eyes watering, yawning & tiredness . I got a script cleared over the phone to a local pharmacy and only went without for a day but had those symptoms hit immediately & it has been in the back of mind ever since knowing the battle I have after I have recovered from the fusion when I come off the meds, I have been assured it will be done correctly and just drop the dose slowly over some time, how come you couldn't do it this way or was it a choice to just have a crack at cold turkey? I have wondered if I have the time and right headspace to do it this way at home also & just get it over with and off the meds in a week instead of dragging it out, but I guess you don't recommend this!
    All the best
  • You can google norco withdrawal symptoms online, but they are basically nausea, vomiting, diarrhea etc. Sometimes they prescribe zofran/ondansetron to help with the nausea.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • At first I thought it was the flu. I was on hydrocodone 10/325 for about four months total. Sweats, sleeplessness, nausea, overall feeling like death when I stopped. I hhadn't refilled the prescription earlier because i had plenty at the time. I ddidn'tknow the script was only good for a few days before expiring. I saw my doctor this week and the have me on tTylenol 3 as needed and soma for the restless leg. Doing much better, but did think I'dgo through this after being on them for such a short time . Walking tons and eating better. Still tire easily. Supposed to go back to work Feb 2, so I guess its good i stopped. Pain level is about a 5, which is way better than before surgery.