Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tips on washing hair not in a shower?

Hi, I think I was on this forum once a few years ago but I don't really remember, so I suppose this is sort of my first post :)

I have Lyme disease and the worst symptom of it is the extreme constant neck pain. (I can't take any medications for long, complicated reasons.) So I am wondering if anyone can help me with this problem...

My neck pain gets like a thousand times worse after I wash my hair and the pain lasts for about a couple days. It is getting worse every time I wash my hair to the point that I just can't wash it as often as I have been anymore (once every 2 weeks). Obviously I take baths and clean myself, I just skip washing my hair because for some reason it causes me loads more pain.

Does anyone know how I can wash my hair without taking a shower/bath and without using dry shampoo?

I don't want to mess with a bunch of powder or chemicals which is why I don't want to use dry shampoo.

If I didn't have to go to the chiropractor every 2 weeks I'd never even worry about my hair. I just can't let someone touch my head while my hair is so greasy, it would be disgusting for my chiropractor. So I need help figuring out how to get my hair clean.

I can't wear a hat or beanie because my chiro grabs my head and twists to adjust my neck and when I did wear a beanie for the adjustment I felt like the hat slipped around under his hands and I am worried I won't get a good adjustment with that happening.

I can't have someone else wash my hair, I have tried every way and it is still just as painful when I do it because of the ways I have to contort myself over the tub or sink.

How do other women with chronic neck pain wash their hair? I need some suggestions, please.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I had went to a medical supply store and found a hair cap that is heated up in the microwave, placed on the head and you just scrub your head while the cap is on. Each cap was around $4.00 but could be used 2 or 3 times. It worked wonderfully. I wish I could remember the name of it, but I also bought them for my mother before she passed away so they were not hard to find. With that being said the only place I could find them was a medical supply store. Hope it works for you