Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg Nerve Pain with Heat on Leg??

happygirlL2L3hhappygirlL2L3 Posts: 5
edited 01/07/2015 - 8:28 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello, New to this forum but I am looking to see if anyone else has had this...

I am six months out from full discectomy and fusion between L2 and L3. I had tumor on the spine that caused nerve damage. Suspecting more my Neurosurgeon had an Orthopedic surgeon in the operating room just in case. The tumor turned out to be a chondroma inside the disk itself and what was showing on the spine was an offshoot of what was in the disk. The Orthopedic surgeon removed the disk completely and replaced with fake disk. He filled with bone marrow harvested from my hips and re-constructed with titanium screws and rods.
I had a scan and the fusion has gone well with good bone growth.
I was off all pain medication 1 mo after surgery and I continue a NO MEDS policy and belief. The only problem is that I have started getting severe nerve pain in my leg whenever I use an electric blanket at night. I am not able to get the leg warm at all. I don’t understand why I am having pain only when heat hits my leg. My back feels fine. Sore when I really move around more than usual but no real pain. The leg nerve pain is crazy bad but more so when there is heat. Turning off the blanket and putting ice on my leg (not my back) gets rid of the pain fairly quickly.
Anyone else have this weird symptom that can tell me what this is from?