Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Energy level post-op still low

JCall2277JJCall2277 Posts: 2
edited 01/08/2015 - 9:06 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am 7 weeks post-op C 5,6-6,7 cervical ACDF. I thought my energy level would be up by now. I am returning to work next week PT but worried I will be too tired. I walk my dog a few times during the day trying to increase my energy but it's not working. I am a 53 y/o that was pretty active prior but I just don't have any energy now. Could it be my age? Any suggestions on how long this might last or ways to help boost my energy levels. Thank you in advance.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    I had anterior & posterior c4/5 fusion. The first one was June 2013. The posterior surgery was March 2014. I am same age as you & I too, have lower energy level now. I don't know if mine is from all the problems I'm having as a result of my injury? Or maybe it's from all the meds I'm on? Or maybe it's from all the pain I'm in? Or it's just that I'm getting older, and I don't bounce back as fast as I used to? Maybe it's a combo of all things? I was walking a lot when weather was nice. Now that we are in this "polar vortex", I can't tolerate walking in the cold. I've been using my eliptical as much as I can. I really have to force myself to get on it, but once I do, I can feel my energy picking up. You are still early in your recovery, so don't expect too much from your body right now. Good luck with going back to work!
  • Cathy, thank you for your reply. My doc days to give it another six weeks and to continue to go easy. I'm just inpatient and didn't realize prior to surgery how this all would take a toll on me. I wasn't prepared. I'm sorry you are still in so much pain. I pray for your recovery soon. Thank you again, JC
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    Thanks for the prayers. Keep us posted on your recovery.