Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic back issues for over ten years...

xrachelbagelxxxrachelbagelx Posts: 1
edited 01/09/2015 - 9:42 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all.

I'll try to include all information that seems pertinent.

I'm a 27 yo female and I've had back issues since high school.

It started not too badly, I recall moving oddly and something in my lower back pinched and I fell to the floor. I crawled to another room and laid down, and it went away on its own quickly.

As the years have gone by, this has happened with more and more frequency with longer heal times. In the past year I have hurt my back at least 3-4 times and needed anywhere from 1-4 days to heal.

I went to the doctor a few months ago and she said it was probably a slipped disc and sent me to PT which helped.

About 3 weeks ago my back started to ache. Unlike all the other times where I moved funny and pinched my back, this was a slow degeneration until last Friday I woke up and could hardly stand or walk.

I immediately began my stretches and routine to fix my bac . It only got a little better so Monday I called the doctor to go in for help.

Wednesday I saw the doctor (still having lots of pain). I had a low grade fever, which I am pretty sure is due to the pain because it keeps happening? She said it seemed like a slipped disc, recommended pt and a muscle relaxant for sleep, then did an x-ray just to be thorough (negative findings, however I found out I have very mild lumbar levoscoliosis).

So I started PT yesterday and went back today. The first day was great and I had way less pain, today though it didn't help much.

I don't know why in the past its taken my injuring myself randomly and this time its been drawn out and getting worse.

Most of my siblings (I'd say 3 of 4) have this issue too. My sister is getting an MRI next week.

I have anxiety and depression so this is really taken a toll on me.

Anyone had similar issues if getting worse over time? How long did you take to heal?
How can I stay positive through the pain?

Thanks all. Sorry if I left out any important info, please ask questions if need be!