Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

blondie54bblondie54 Posts: 1
edited 01/10/2015 - 8:32 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I stumbled upon this forum while researching pain relief with Icy Hot, I'm glad I found it, I have been suffering excruciating pain for over a month now, I have RA and sciatica also which always presented on my right side I've been managing the pain through natural remedies however I started having pain on the left side a bit over a month ago, this pain is a bit different, after tests and xrays a DR stated that I have a huge mass of arthritis in my low back and hip and also substantial inflammation in my sciatic nerve, I'm still waiting to get an MRI. I've been through such an ordeal with most DR's in my area, finally found one who cares enough to help me. I was given cyclobenzaprine and Norco 10, I'm still not getting enough relief to be tolerable, I wanted to connect with others in hopes of learning more about managing the pain. I just turned 54, I have always been an active person, I am a former Fitness/ weight loss coach this has got me down in so many ways.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 01/10/2015 - 8:32 PM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I just found this website today and am extremely happy I did so. Chronic pain is terrible and I know what you're going through. I'm 21 and have had two surgeries, the last one being six months ago. The main thing above all I find to help is just distracting the mind. Attaining a state of well being is incredibly difficult when one feels a constant throb, but hopefully myself and others on here can vent to each other essentially. Misery loves company as the saying goes after all. My name is Daniel by the way.
  • llojaklllojak Posts: 5
    edited 01/15/2015 - 12:17 PM
    Hello I have endured a 2 level fusion in2009 and a single level fusion for the disc above that in 2012 now the disc L2-3 is giving me serious problems. I have been on oxycontin 20mg twice a day and sometimes 3 times as well as vicoden 10/300 as a bridge between the oxy as they are time released. Now it does not relieve the pain but it makes it more tolerable. I dont want to go thru another fusion but I am sooooo tired of the pain. I have a woodworking hobby that I keep my mind on a few days a week and I have a doberman that keeps me walking a few times a day. I force myself to walk until I cant stand it then I rest and do it all over again. I try to keep busy as much as my disability allows. Keep your chin up and keep pushing yourself. Like Daniel says occupy your mind as much as you can.