Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oldanbrokenooldanbroken Posts: 16
edited 01/11/2015 - 10:10 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone, its nice to be able to chat with folks that understand what we are going through.
A little about me-I broke my neck and other bones over 30 years ago in a horse riding accident-W/C bound for a year-I had just graduated from college and was starting my life-I denied the use of any narcotics at the time, I did have lots of pain but due to the times and very little understanding-I chose not to take anything.
As years past and getting older along with other horse related injuries the pain got the best of me-To the point that it changed my personality and I became mean-What made me get and seek help was when my then 5yr old son came running to the truck to help me out after work one day and he told me he was mad at God and I asked why, he told me he had prayed to make me well and I wasn't well.
Long story short-I was seen by a doctor within a week-all the test etc....Diagnosis and placed on meds-that was about 15 years ago-I was able to continue to work up until 8 yrs ago and I opted for early retirement and disability.
My kids are all grown now and I have 3 grandkids- I am still in pain management-I am lucky to have a great pain management team that works closely with me to help maintain my quality of life.

• SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 767
    edited 01/11/2015 - 12:50 PM
    Yes, pain can change anyone, no matter how you try to control it and not let it affect your life and those around you. It's like a ripple in a still pond.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1