Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need great pain management Dr in Oklahoma

StorminOkieSStorminOkie Posts: 1
edited 01/12/2015 - 2:17 AM in Chronic Pain
I've been in chronic low back pain for 14 years. Without going into a ton of detail, I've had several low back surgeries for ruptured discs and synovial cysts that did not have the outcome I had hoped. I've been in chronic pain ever since this all began and surgery failed each time to make my pain better. My question is I have been seeing my physician for many years but due to her own surgical issues, she was forced to retire due to her own pain issues. I live in a small town and have had a hell of a time finding a pain management Dr who will treat me with half the medicine my former Dr was prescribing. I was taking MS-Contin 100mg, 4x daily as well as Roxicodone 15mg 4x daily as needed for break through pain. These are just the opiates I was taking. The Dr I saw the last two times won't give me anything except Fentanyl 75mg patches. Unfortunately every 2 days I find myself going into withdrawal. He won't listen to me and will not give me anything else. I'm not looking for a Dr to hand my opiates, but to listen to my problems with my pain and the meds I am on now and find a solution. I'm in rural Oklahoma but can drive to the Oklahoma City area if I need to. Any help with anyone here who has had luck with their Dr and would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it. I can even drive to the Dallas area if that helps too. Thank you in advance for your help.