Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to control and manage on-going stiffness and cramps on the legs?

For the past years, I've been taking 5 tabs of Methocarbamol 750 mg. along with 600 mg.(6 caps) of Gabapentine during supper and right before going to the bed, because I have not only leg cramp and spasm but also nerve pain on my legs. Those two meds. have been alleviating my pains that mostly occur during sleep, ... specifically during early morning hours before getting up from the bed.

Prior to those two meds. I had an excruciating and unspeakable pains that waking me up in the middle of the nights lasted about 10 minutes or so. Furthermore, the pains made all over my body sweat like taking hot bath, because of excruciating and unspeakable pain. Those nights, I self-exercised stomping, and often back and forth legs on hard floor in trying to subside the pains.

However, despite maximum dosages of two pain meds., I still have been experiencing 'stiffness' along with 'pain' on my legs, some mornings before getting up from the bed.

Is there any good meds. for me more to manage and first of all control muscle spasms and cramps on my both legs?

Thanks for any imputs and opioins on this regard in advance.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    The methocarbamol is in the muscle relaxer category, while the Gabapentine is directed to deal with nerve pain only.

They might want to switch you to a different muscle relaxer if this one is not helping you. But that is something only you and your doctor can work out
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • when I was 20 years of age I was diagnosed with sciatica, however the severity of the pain going from my spine to my face was unbearable so three years later they finally did an MRI which showed three severe herniated discs and spinal stenosis with spondylosis arthrisis, since then I've had every procedure you can think off, 2 years after I had 2 New herniated disks with pain from back to feet, next another L5 disk herniated w/ severe pain down left leg but finally went numb s yr later while waiting 4 surgery. Now i have from 15-20 severe muscle spasms/locking of toes, foot, calf and hip all at same time. Does anyone else suffer with these crampramps after Sciatic nerve dies and is there a medical term for a leg with dead sciatic nerve?
  • what can happen to my left leg now that they finally after 4 years of me begging for a nerve conduction study after my last failed surgery besides that 15 to 20 severe leg cramps, hip/calf/foot/ankle and toes are all locking up at same time? DLes anyonphone else have thare? the cramps last anywhere from 30 Seconds to 3 to 4 minutes and leave me black and blue because they are lasting so long. The cramps I'm talking about are the cramps that normal people get let's say, they are in bed and get a cramp in their leg, they jump out of bed and jump all over the place trying 2 rid the pain. These are the cramps that I suffer with from 15 to 20 times per day, I can only walk from for a maximum of 10 minutes because my leg becomes 2 weak it stops working altogether and I have to drag it. It took 3 yrs using a cane 2 walk straight again, however I am able to walk unaided for about 2 to 3 minutes without leg becoming completely dead! can anybody tell me what else is going to happen to muscles in dead leg, a doctor just noticed last week that my muscles are starting to degenerate? It also is hypersensitive from knee to foot? Is this going to get worse? I wont let this ruin my life anymore! 22 yrs of chronic pain down has not beat me yet even though I've had 7 disc herniations, 3. Failed surgeries. I get no answers from doctor's? I just want to know how bad this will get?? Please help?