Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have happy recovery stories from discectomy? I am all ears.

I am getting a discectomy this Thursday,going to a very reputable surgeon in Manhattan. He said that the healing time is generally not bad, but reading things here, it doesn't sound that way. I am *hoping* (don't laugh!) to be out of work until Tuesday, then work from home for a few extra days and then start going into the office about a week and a half later. Am I kidding myself? Does that EVER happen? I want to stay positive. I'm a very active person and in pretty good physical condition. I'm doing this because of terrible sciatica that I have suffered from for 2.5 years, but I've always stayed active through it, so I'm hoping I will bounce back from this as well. Understanding that everyone heals differently and there is no way to predict my outcome, I'd still love to hear some happy "it wasn't really that bad" stories. Anyone have one?

• Kim74KKim74 Posts: 2
    edited 01/13/2015 - 10:09 PM
    I had a discectomy, and no more pain!!! I do have a lot more back issues in other areas now from DDD, arthritis in spine, facet syndrome, and on tons of pain meds just to live everyday. I did start getting pain in backside and down my one leg and into foot, it does switch from left to right side at times. I really start hurting if I sit long in backside. Not sure what it is but need to get a new MRI done I guess. I'm sure you wI'll have great luck with the surgery! , best luck!!!!