Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 weeks post op from L5/S1 Fusion

Sorry I haven't been on here. Just wanted to give an update.
I'm 5 weeks post op & go this Thursday for a follow up. For the most part I've been doing very well, but do get a bit stiff if I stay in one position for too long. But that's about the same thing I had before the surgery, so I'm used to that. I haven't been cleared to bend or lift more then 10 pounds yet. I'm really antsy to get working on my core & strengthening my back, but still not cleared to do that, even though I feel ready. I just do some walking & some leg excercises that help stretch my back. I only take a muscle relaxer & anti inflammatory on a daily basis. I take 5 mg of Percocet once or twice a week (when I overdo it). I'm so glad to essentially be off the pain meds! Before my surgery I was taking Percocet 3-4 times a week & was on a Butrans patch.
I have to admit, I'm glad I did my surgery in the wintertime because it has been so cold & ugly I don't even want to go outside! I would have hated to do this in the summertime & have it spoil my summer.
I am really curious about my appointment on Thursday to see if I will be released to go back to work. Because my job is very physical, moving patients & equipment (I do x-ray in the OR). And because I haven't even been cleared to work on strengthening my core & back yet, I don't think it's logical for me to go back to work without having worked on strengthening that first. I think that is just asking for another injury. But mentally I'm ready to go back to work. Being home is getting boring, although it's been nice to not have to get up at 5:15 in the morning & work 10 hour days. I don't think I can jump right back into 10 hours. It'll be interesting to see what the Dr says.