Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Some times you have to stop things before they get out of hand

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
edited 01/16/2015 - 2:43 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
The last couple of days we had a new member join Spine-Health. From the very first thread this person was arguing about the fact that Liz sent him a "Welcome Message"
He didn't like that and wanted to delete his account.

Over the next couple of days, we started to get bombarded with threads, perhaps 5 every 15 minutes and then posts 5 to 10 posts per each thread the person created. He was a very angry
person and wanted to take out his frustrations not only here, but on every possible platform (ie Government, Insurance, Doctors, etc) I want to give every new member a lot of flexibility here.
I tried (well at least I think I tried to address some of his threads/posts). But it became clear after a while that no matter what was said to him, he was going to argue.

I had to send him about 4 different private messages, each one indicating a forum violation. I don't like to make public statements about forum violations. If there is a problem in a thread or post,
we may edit out the problem, but no words will be stated (unless it is a major violation). But then I will send that person a message telling what they did, why it was a forum violation and asking them
to stop doing it.

Nothing stopped this person. It wasn't until one of our members from Canada stepped in and basically asked the person what their intent was. The person then ran away, said he didnt want to be
part of our community. My fear is that this person will be back and will continue to do what he has been doing. I am stating all of this, because I do know if this continues I will have to ban this person and block his
access from Spine-Health. Part of our new 2015 agenda was to allow people to vent more and give people flexibility. In the past, some of the moderators did not always believe in this approach.

I ca promise you that Liz and myself will do everything we can to keep this a healthy environment. We will allow mistakes, problems and minor violations.

But when it comes to addressing a major problem, I can also promise you that we will take the appropriate actions.

Thank you to our friend from Canada (DH). so many times, intervention from the member community is much more effective than when it comes from us.

I do love his signature line:
Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy.Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world and kick fear right in the teeth.Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm. Because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Thank you.

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Thanks for everything you do to keep this a safe place for all of us, Ron and Liz
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 01/13/2015 - 12:21 PM
    Thank you Ron & Liz. I must admit, after reading all of his posts, I felt sorry for him, but also a little intimidated. Thank you for staying on top of things before they escalate.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    But I know some of the threads/post that person made were inappropriate and at times out of touch.

I would like the general opinion from you guys. Should I delete all of those threads so as if they never happened or keep them out there .

Either way this person is not allowed back on. They may claim foul or I mistreated them.

I have made mistakes before on handling situations but this one I know I did the right thing
  • It's funny how I only read the initial post from this person & questioned what it was they were looking for from this site especially as they took such offence to the welcome message. If they violated the rules to the point they were warned multiple times & were subsequently barred from the site, I think you should delete the posts.
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 January 2014
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 March 2014
    Fusion L5S1 11th August 2014
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    I agree that you should remove the posts. I'm just thinking of the newcomers reading all of them & wondering what they are reading?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    edited 01/15/2015 - 5:24 AM
    have been removed from the public forum