Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone else have cervical scs not work on one side?

My medtronic SCS is not working on the left of my neck. I'm only 6 weeks post op and was at the PM today and the rep was there. I was having lots of muscle spasms so went in for shots in my neck and shoulders to relieve some of the tightening. I know that my paddle hasn't scarred in all the way but wondering if anyone else has had this? After X-rays we can tell that the paddle hasn't moved out of position so that isn't problem. The rep tells me that all electrodes are firing from what he can tell. The rep thinks maybe a revision could be done to move it a little left??? I'm thinking if it were firing on that side now I should be able to feel something even if it spilled over to my right side a little when it's cranked up all the way. He isn't sure if that is even an option because there was so little space to begin with. I see my neurosurgeon in 2 weeks and will get his opinion but wondering what anyone thought.

If it is faulty equipment then does medtronic pick up the tab? Obviously it isn't working?

7/11- ACDF C6-C7
9/12 - posterior foraminotomy & fusion (revision) C4-C7
8/21/13 360 cervical revision ACDF C6 and posterior instrumentation removal
9/26/14 SCS trial
12/21/14 permanent cervical SCS implanted battery on right upper buttock

• I had a trial SCS inserted for lumbar and sciatic pain, and throughout the whole thing, the stimulation would switch from just working on one side to just working on the other until the rep re-programmed it. Did the same thing happen in your trial?
    Discectomy, L5/S1 on right 12/2009; now L4/L5 on right and L5/S1 on left disc herniations and disc impingements