Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Child Proof meds

Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
Has anyone else noticed that their child proof lids on their meds are harder to get off? I know that I don't have good grip with my left hand & my left arm is getting weaker, but geez, I'm having a really hard time opening them! Even my husband has some trouble? I know they make easy open lids, but I have a 3 year old grandson who comes over often. I always keep my meds out of his reach, but he is pretty active & quite the climber ( especially if he knows the candy dishes are up high!)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    edited 01/14/2015 - 3:28 PM
    Is those child proof caps do not come of for people with arthritis in their hands.

They make caps for people with arthritis so they do come off easier

The times I have had to open one of those child proof caps I have to use a vise grip, a screwdriver or smash the whole thing with a hammer!

Now my children are 40. And 37 so it's been a long time since I have had to deal with those.

We used to just keep the pills high and out of reach.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 01/14/2015 - 3:16 PM
    I ended up requesting the easy open lids when I refilled my scripts today. I was ready to get out my electric knife to open them!
  • With my child proof lids-all you have to do is flip them over to change them to a regular lid......
    Good thing, especially when you have limited fine motor skill in your hands-it can be a challenge to open even a simple lid or even pick up a pill for that matter.