Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello, new guy here

Several years ago, started having alot of pain in my joints and bones, back and leg just giving out at the worst times.Took some bloodwork and results came back a solid for a rheumy disease.Long story short,went to a rheumy dr,after many xrays and pictures, he diagnosed me with osteoarthritis based on the fact that when I saw him, there was no inflammation present.Went down the list of meds and got bad side effects,got a wierd chemistry that kicks back regular meds so trying alternative treatments like meditation,chiropractice,stretching,biofreeze,tens units,heating pads.the only med I take is tramadol,Advil or anything with ibuprophen causes me problems.scheduled to see a different rheumy dr next week.Had the shots in the joints,had implants put in eyes to be able to see and had my run with kidney stones.Hopefully, one day,a dr would figure it out and show me a way to get a decent nights rest.Im slowly learning to set limits on activities though im very active and enjoy working into my 40s.

• might help, --I found reflexology and reiki has kept me to reduce pain, since I was 33, now 55 Degenerate discs from a broke neck in early years in life. Have tried chiropractic, accupuncture, massage to avoid surgery. Found reiki and reflexology very helpful.
  • I sat on the floor trying to fix a drain under a sink in my home and when I tried to get up,my legs wouldnt release and straighten without excruiating pain so sat there for half an hour.Same goes for leaning over anything,if I hold that position too long,my back gives out followed by my legs and I go to the floor until the pain releases and can move again.have had hip lock up from severe muscle spasms but thankfully, they dont last longer than 5 minutes.Am extremely cold temperature sensitive.tried a pool for therapy (unfortunately,it was not heated)and every single one of my muscles began spasming to the point i had to get out immediately.hands swell up from cold too.seems a hot tub helps these issues the most.so something is going on there too with diagnosed frequent migranes but first,trying to tackle the spine issues with the bone fusions beginning.