Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, My name is Kito Buono, 26 yr old male with chronic lower/upper back pain..pleased to meet you al

kbuono88kkbuono88 Posts: 2
edited 01/15/2015 - 10:32 AM in New Member Introductions
Greetings my name is Kito. For years i've been trying to understand why or what is causing such excrutiating pain in my upper back, as well most of my joints...that just seem loose. I do have mild scoliosis. But i was toldo this wouldn't necessarily cause chronic..pain.
A little backround on myself... The pain, started when i was working at UPS. I had been there 2.5 years heavy lifting and loading as a part time job. But what i think messed me up is that when i was 14, i was in a plane accident. I came into some money via a lawsuit...and began trying to build up my upper body. I didnt start working my lower body for years to come. Weeks after the accident i purchased a 'Bowflex' back when they were always on tv and commercials. I don't know if i got overzealous with my working out, i never had a trainer, a spotter or anyone to help. I liked doing things and getting results on my own.

I began using pain medication when i was 20. I self-medicated for a while. Then....Tramadol, a Doctor prescribed me when i was 23 i believe. Technically i was off opiates, and i know Ultram(tramadol) is a synthetic opiate. Injuries since age of 20 : One hernia, Right and left Shoulder's have been dislocated. From taking too much tramadol i had 2 seperate seizures, months apart. My right shoulder chronically dislocated for over a year and a half before getting surgery. I counted around 67 total dislocations up until surgery and physical therapy. It still pops and grinds with daily activities, i have anchors or pins in my right shoulder now. But my upper back is where the worst, most annoying pain is. Everyday it's like knives trying to come up from under my skin... Just doing the dishes and laundry is agonizing. I find it hard to motivate myself to do ANYTHING.

I came to this website for advice, to talk about similar experiences, things that can be done...etc. Any advice or input is appreciated.

My back, feels like maybe the muscles that do the exercise 'deadlift' are not there, or just cant handle the slightest amount of resistance or strain. It's like i need a lortab just to get simple tasks done. How can i hold down a job? How can i read if i can;t focus through this pain i feel all day. I stretch my hamstrings everyday..but still, if i lean over just a tad, the pain comes. And it stays. Until i lie flat on my back for a minute or 2. Do i need to strengthen those back muscles? Using light weight?

My situation financially currently is all dependent on my parents still unfortunately. And i've become somewhat of the boy who cries wolf since my family looks at me and says , "You look ok to me, do work". They say i complain too much. All the time i tell them this pain is too much for someone my age to beexperiencing. So i want an MRI. ASAP. I don't know who to see or what to do...I'm unemployed, i have no health insurance because my dad can't pay the premiums on obamacare's website...even the cheapest ones around 150$ a month. I might need to see a Rheumatoligist ? I want to see if Hollistic methods could work such as YOGA but again, i don't have the money. And where i live In Spartanburg, SC,, there's not many options. I'm running out of time, im running out of patience. I can't see myself becoming successful and being an integral part of today's society in this pain. I do NOT plan to be hooked on Pain pills for the rest of my life. I am TOO YOUNG. So please, if anyone has suggestions, input, advice, anything..it's much appreciated. FYI: I've been to chiropractor's who had not told me about my scoliosis. One said my cervical vertebrae are so off that they're causing brain fog...really?They gave me serapin(plant) injections for the sciatica i have going down my left leg. Also been going on for years..Sigh. So i feel Helpless..not hopeless. Which is why i'm seeking help and posting here. Please and thankyou. I look forward to reading any responses.
Kito Buono