Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this normal

LewonardlairdLLewonardlaird Posts: 1
edited 01/17/2015 - 1:30 AM in Chronic Pain
March 2012 I had surgery to remove a nerve root tumor that was in the neck bones and causing problems crushing my spinal cord,c 3,4 and 5 were where the tumor had found a home had to be removed because the were wrapped around the bones in back of my neck and hardware was placed for fusion in this area. the tumor had been there growing many years ans finally came to light and had to be removed. t two weeks prior to scheduled surgery I was awaking from the nights rest and noticed that I had no feeling in my arms and really tingly pin and needles down my left side. surgery was done and a few days later I was home with neck brace and every two weeks back at the doctor for checkup and follow up. over the next year I had sever pain throughout my neck and down my arms and legs. best way to describe it it was a "lightning Bolt" never really know where they are going to strike in a storm but-once it did strike it would take the breath away and sometimes stop me in my movements. this went on for a year and so on. then September of 2013 the doctor had told me fusion had not been a success and that it would be necessary to remove the hardware that was in place since March 2012 reason being it was loose and some screws were not holding and seemed to be loose in close proximity to my spinal cord. this time C6 was removed as well and the operation went down to the base of my neck and and just to the middle of my shoulder blades in comparison so this operation was preformed by the same doctor. this time the hardware was larger and there was several more pieces than the previous surgery. I have not been happy with any of the answers the doctor has provided for me and in his recent move to another hospital. I have not had much luck with the replacement neurosurgeon. My issues have been instant and constant since surgery was finished. As soon as I sit down in any position. my left arm goes numb and start to tingle . this moved at a steady speed to the fingertips in my left hand and proceed to get more intense as I sit. my left left side gets so numb with pins and needles that my wrist's and my knees and ankle joints have sever swelling and pain. during all this in the center of my shoulder blades it is a rather dull pain pain that feels like a fist or perhaps a baseball that has knotted the muscles in my shoulder. pain level at least a 6 24/7 Now I have had headaches that I cant get rid of..neck and back pain that is out of control and for every 35 -45 minutes throughout the day I have to have some form of support for my head neck brace . and also I have support .Neck brace throughout the night. every night with several medication to help relive the pain.. Sleep has not been regular since second surgery. almost 2 hours maybe less daily. I have to move constantly to get away from the numbness please tell me where to to turn