Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Degenerative exacerbation of a preexisting condition

edited 01/17/2015 - 10:50 PM in Lower Back Pain
I was born with Osteogenisis Inperfecta, 56 incidents. many of which resulting in multiple fractures. (I'm no stranger to pain) I have since been diagnosed as having also developed Osteoporosis. In the years leading up to October 10th 2012 I had noticed a steady increase in constant pain. however on the date mentioned I was almost paralyzed from a cough. the shock contraction split my L2 vertebrae leaving my in an embarassed lump on the bathroom floor. Hospitalised for a week, I recieved a spinal fusion. (Dr wanted to fuse 5 vertebrae, however only fused 2 upon seeing the condition of my spine eyes on). after the fact I find out the fusion was placed in my vertebrae wings. Now the lower. half of my body feels like its going to burst at all time. I scream in my sleep and I have to pull my knees into my chest to aleave the pressure. Now receiving epidural steroids and my legs after injection are on fire and the skin feels like its wrapped in plastic to the touch. Anyone out there hear of anything like this? any input what-so-ever? I'm not a winer, but I'm in hell.