Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OT- forest fire pics

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
We had a small fire break out near our house today. Luckily the local fire department took care of it. I think it was about 4 acres. Any way I sent some pics that I took to our local paper.

It was scary for a couple of hours- I thought we would be evacuated.

• You make it sound like no big deal, but those flames look really close. And I see the newspaper interviewed you as one of the residents threatened by the fire. Must have been pretty freaky having the helicopters and airplanes bombing your neighborhood with fire retardant!

Glad it turned out OK thus far. I just hope it doesn't flare up again. The wind is picking up, tonight so I'm a little concerned it doesn't whip that puppy up to a blaze again. Take care of yourself, local media star ! :)
  • Wow... that was close! Glad the FD was able to contain it and get it put out! That would be freaky.

• Today it looks fine- but it smells really bad. My whole house smells like a camp fire and I have one heck of a headache.

The news paper called me last night and asked me questions. By that time all the flames were down.

How do I get the smell out?

• Wow, that is scary! I couldn't imagine the worry you had.

• Julie,

Glad to see that you are ok. Does that happen often near you this time of year?

As far as the smell goes, lot's of Potpourri and fan's in the windows would be my best guess!

Stay safe

Mel :)
  • Is the only way that you will get the smell out. Call one of your local disaster restoration companies ( fire, water, etc) and they will set up ozone machines in your house. It will permanently get rid of the smell. I know these things because I used to work for a disaster restoration company. Glad you and your belongings made out OK.
    BTW - Your homeowners insurance will most likely cover the cost.
  • The pic of the aircraft dropping fire retardant ..the first one marked July 2nd....that is a really cool image.
  • Now that's scary. I've had fire that close to my house and it was not fun. Especially since I had to wake the neighbors in the middle of the night. Our firefighters luckily were on the ball. Thank heavons it turned out okay for you!

• I tried to get pics of that plane, but mine didn't turn out at all. I was too close and too slow.

I forgot I have an OZONE machine. We had a house guest last summer that smoked in the bedroom and some one gave me one to use. I never gave it back.... :( I am a bad friend..... I will get it our of the garage use it for a couple of days and take it to the rigthful owner.....

Yes- Mel unfortunatley Anchorage is a tinder box waiting to burn. This is the second fire near my home in the last 5 years

• Fires are still burning all over Cali...
    Here is an awesome slideshow of some pics taken fighting fires in Northern California

• Whatever rooms that you use that Ozone Machine in need to be completely sealed. Let it air out for at least an hour before any people or animals are in the room. Ozone is dangerous for people to breathe.