Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5/S1 Microdiscectomy - days postop- worried I overdid it

I had my surgery on Thursday and posted on that day that I wasn't in too much pain. since then, my recovery has been going very well with yesterday being my hardest day, but even then not having the need to take anything more than Tylenol. Today I woke up feeling quite good -- just a little tenderness in the back that serves as a reminder not to bend, twist, etc. It's almost a double edged sword because I now am worried that I overdid it. I walked to the grocery store to buy a couple of things and walked out with a tote bag that probably weighed about 15-20lbs. I was very careful to walk fully upright, held my core tight and made sure it was firmly resting on my shoulder, but I kind of freaked out when I got home. I felt fine, but could I have possibly done some damage without knowing it? Or would you know if you screwed something up? Sorry for the hysterics, but things are going so well and the last thing I want to do is reherniate the disc. And don't worry, I have learned my lesson. It's hard for me to take it easy, but I will force myself to put in the time going forward. Hopefully I didn't make a huge mistake today...

• hoggsterhhoggster ScotlandPosts: 54
    edited 01/22/2015 - 1:40 AM
    I was told todo nothing for 6 weeks until I seen physio , week 5 went about 2 mile walk if that and my tailbone has been sore since you have to take it veryy easy as far is lifting goes I was told the heaviest for first 6-8 weeks was kettle nothing more very strict hope this helps good luck