Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mta62005mmta62005 Posts: 1
edited 01/18/2015 - 9:09 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am new here. I had L5-S1 fusion 5 years ago. Tailbone resection 6 months later. Suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction which could be due to lower back/tail bone or other issue I have going on. I was doing well until last June (2014) when an MRI showed spinal cord obliteration at C5-C6. Had anterior fusion and tolerated well. All previous arm/neck pain and symptoms gone. Interestingly enough both my mom and sister had same surgery at same age and maternal grandmother died of broken neck after a car accident in her 60's. My concern is that I hit a deer head on Friday night. The car had damage and afterward and all weekend I have been having neck discomfort, soreness to shoulders etc but no tingling or other arm/neuro symptoms. I am going to call my surgeon just to make sure OK. My concern is that when had neck done my surgeon said he could have done my entire neck but chose to do the immediate issue. I have had several surgeons if I had trauma to my neck which I have not. He then ordered full MRI of thoracic and lumbar and found 3 bulging in thoracic area and 2 in lumbar region. I fear I will need more surgery in future and i am only (yes only) 48. My dad has had 3 back surgeries. Bad genetics. Thought I would just check out this site for when having problems it is always so helpful to speak with those who have experienced the same thing.