Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar/thoracic junction pain.

BspryceBBspryce Posts: 2
edited 01/21/2015 - 1:52 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
about 4 years ago I felt a small ripping feeling in the muscle to the left of my spine around t12 (so professionals have told me). I did not feel pain at that time but over the next few months the pain began and continued to get worse until it felt like a hot poker was being pushed into my back. At this point I had to quit work. I had many Mri tests and eventually my t12 vertebrae was spotted to be wedged and an arachnoid syst was growing up my spinal cord. I had a lamanectomy at t4-t6 to remove the cyst. This was very painful surgery. At the time due to the massive amounts of morphiene I thought the pain had gone, only for it to return once I was off the very strong painkillers. Lesions have also been found in my brain, but luckily the tests for Ms and follow up scans have revealed no change. My condition and pain is slowly getting worse, yet all mri's of my spine look clear. A spinal cord stimulator has been mentioned and I do have appointments with neurologists coming up. But I still feel very much lost. I used to be the strong active hardworking type. I have been reading up on chronic pain, yet being an engineer I can't understand why I am in so much pain at a very specific part of my back and there be no signs apart from 1 slightly wedged vertebrae. If you are in a similar situation, please give me some advice.

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,806
    edited 01/21/2015 - 4:27 AM
    Do you happen to have smorl's nodes around the junction ? ( I am an engineer also ) I have smorls nodes that cause some pain in that area and stiffness. Scans do not tell the full story in many cases so be careful. When I was looking up pain in that area I came across maigne syndrome as something that causes alot of pain in that area and is hard to diagnose. Might be worth time to read about.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • I'm in constant pain, scans revealed no smorl's nodes (?) .. Next stage is speaking with neurologists about a spinal implant..