Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 598
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Is anybody out there having Remicade infusions or any other type of infusions for arthritis pain?

I'm seeing a new rheumatologist on Monday, as we're steering away from the neurosurgeon and back to the arthritis/sacroiliitis theories again, so I'm getting a little input from people who are using this type of treatment. It could very well end up being an option for me, though I've heard it has nasty side effects for some people, as all these things do.

• Hi Tracy, I don't take any of the injectables, so no help there. But I just wanted to say that I sure hope your new rheumatologist can help you. I totally trust mine, above all the other drs I have seen. And she was so thorough. I never had such a comprehensive exam. Post an update after your appt on Mon. and let us know. Hugs, Marti
  • if you end up going this route then I wish you the best and I truly hope that it will work for you...
  • Well, the visit to the rheumatologist was absolutely amazing. This woman spent 6.5 hours with me the first day (she had already reviewed my file, scans and x-rays, history, family health history, etc.) with her med student, then asked us to spend another night in the city and come in at 8:00 a.m. the following day to "finish up". She pieced together every little thing that has gone on in my health history and came up with a diagnosis of a type of spondylitis; we're just waiting for my HLA B27 to come back, but I know in the past it showed "negative" for that gene.

I started on Froben, also known as Flurbiprofen, and the change in my pain levels is remarkable. Within 24 hours my SI joint, hip and knee pain was reduced by about 50%, and the past two mornings have been about 80% pain free on waking, which is unheard of for me.

As a matter of interest, one of the things that gave the doctor a good idea of what it might be is the fact that I always did well on Vioxx when it was on the market; unfortunately it was removed several years ago, but people with specific types of spondylitis responded well to it.

This lady thinks she can improve MUCH of my pain, so she is my hero right now! The rheumy I saw by order of my LTD insurance carrier sent his report in saying that "(Tracy) needs to recognize that there is no cure for her pain, and that she is a chronic pain patient". That really made me mad, especially considering I've had relief from a new treatment in just a matter of days! :jawdrop:

Anyways, for now life is good, and I am thankful to have a reprieve from that miserable disabling pain!!

• Tracy, I am so glad that you posted this info. I have had a horrible time with the arthritis drugs because I can not tolerate sodium. My GP gave me Flurbiprofen months ago and after reading possible side effects I was afraid to take it. I am a chicken when it comes to meds. I am so glad that I read your post. I will try it in the AM. Thank you so much!
  • I really hope you get the relief that I have....I almost hate to say anything because it's like a dream to me!!

Good luck!!

P.S. Make sure you're taking a stomach protectant with it!! I take 10 mg of Pariet with each dose at breakfast and dinner, and SO far, things are good!!
  • Hi Tracy, Glad to hear that your new medication is helping. And isn't it amazing when you finally get with the right dr and things start to click! I am so happy for you that now you are receiving the correct treatment and have the correcetive diagnosis. My rheumy has been like that for me. She saw what my 4-5 other drs missed.

That is amazing that you have had immediate pain relief from your new medication. I sure hope that it continues to work so well for you. Be sure to keep us updated. Hugs and prayers, Marti
This discussion has been closed.