Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ladybug63lladybug63 Posts: 1
edited 01/21/2015 - 8:19 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I'm 'ladybug'. I have had a fusion in L5-S1 in 2010. I had it re-done with stronger hardware in 2011. I have also had 2 cervical spine fusions, and believe I am currently in need of another. I had my stronger hardware of the L5-S1 fusion, removed in Dec 2012. I finally felt just about painfree, and was even jogging on the treadmill. In April of 2013, I was at the gym jogging, and my back became very tight and restricted. I tried to keep jogging, and my foot started slapping the treadmill (dropfoot, I've been told). I found out I fractured my heel. Well, from that point on, my back was never right. I have had continuous sciatic nerve pain, it never goes away, from my low back, across my right buttocks, r groin, r hip, behind my r knee to my r foot. I had surgery on my foot in June 2013. I have sural nerve damage in my foot, and constant pain. My pain is more intense with activity, to the point I can't complete the activity. For example, cleaning, bending, twisting, lifting( over 10 lbs, sometimes 5), sitting I'm an upright position, especially in wooden chairs, feels like a knife stabbing my hip, shopping, walking through stores, on hard surfaces, just cannot do it. I have too take the automatic scooters now, sitting in church, cannot go to sports events anymore. Can hardly do anything outside... my life's activities are not good anymore. I have been to the xxxx in Tampa FL in July 2014. I'm in IL. We were there for a week, had surgery approved and scheduled, as they said they could help. I had Mris, CT scan with dye, Xrays, and an hr long EMG. The EMG showed I have sural nerve blockage in my r foot. The Sciatic nerve branches off of this. It showed,as well as the CT scan with dye, that my Sciatic nerve is blocked by what appears to be much scar tissue with none spurs. The surgeon there said with those good, clear pics, someone perhaps such as xxxx, spine surgeon should be able to help me. They only do outpatient minimally invasive surgery there. He also put in his notes, that I might be a candidate for a neurostimulator. Well, I have seen another Spine surgeon in IL, he said he could not help me, but possibly spine surgeon at xxxx could help me. Well, my ins we had then, could not be used at xxxx. Several people recommended the xxxx in Madison. I now have better insurance, found a surgeon that might be able to help. I had the xxxx send then my records. No, they can't help either. Man, I'm at a loss what to do. I am currently trying to get in to xxx. I understand I have lots of scar tissue in the same area. 3 surgeries in the same spot. It's so hard just to be able to get an appt to even sit down and explain where I'm at. Idk, but something changed on that treadmill, because I was jogging before that. I would give anything now just to be able to walk, and/ or sit without terrible pain. I am 51, and have 3 grandchildren, 3 Adult children, and we have adopted our 11 yr old niece. I really need my functionality back. I am hoping if nothing else, I may be a candidate for the neurostimulator. Sorry for this long post, I just have been such a mess. I really hope there's help for me. I am almost giving up hope. My primary has given injections, I've had epidurals, neurontin, now I've had a steroid and Lyrica, taken Norco for almost 4 years. Nothing really helps anymore. Thanks for letting me share.
Rhonda Thomas