Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Our "Welcome Message

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 01/12/2016 - 7:38 AM in New Member Introductions
I think some people do not really understand our Welcome message.

Liz and myself will post this for almost all new members.

Welcome to Spine-Health

This is the actual forum thread, the above hyperlink brings you to: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started

Now, that is just not two words

Its a hyperlink to open the gates of Spine-Health for you.

• - Lays out the forum category structure
    - Helps with navigation
    - Identifies the key components of the Main Site
    - Has pointers to many key forums and articles
    - Points to the Forum Rules
    - Points to the Forum FAQ
    - Tells you how to contact us
    - Identifies how you can get to Spine-Health on the social networks (ie Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
So please, take the time to read through that hyperlink. We have spent a lot of time building and refining it. You can always save as a reference guide
for later use.

I would be curious to know how many people knew it contained this or just thought it was a Welcome
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Thank you very much. I am going there now and will bookmark for future reference. I am new and look very forward to learning much here.
  • PalmaPalmyraPPalmaPalmyra Posts: 2
    edited 05/05/2015 - 5:30 AM
    Thank You so much......Because,I am a new for this forum..I get some idea about spin health treatment...for that thank u so much.....
  • Hard to find friends who don't have any clue to how chronic pain changes ur life .even family start to withdraw ,and that hurts!!
  • PalmaPalmyraPPalmaPalmyra Posts: 2
    edited 05/11/2015 - 1:41 AM
    hi,i am new to this forum..
  • Hello, I am also new to the forum. I look forward to sharing my situation and hearing from others who may have something similar and how they have dealt with it.
    Lawrence Young
  • Greetings to my new cyberspace friends. 8 years ago I suffered a high speed (55mph) rear end crash while my car was stopped. My head snapped back so hard that I broke the driver's seat. I spent a full year with a neurologist who tried meds and physical therapy. I was finally ramped up to methadone 4 times per day and became a walking zombie. I didn't like how I felt and neither did my family. So I stopped cold turkey and it took about a week to start feeling normal. Over the next 5 years I took no meds but underwent countless injections in my C-spine (epidurals, facets, nerve blocks). No help. I had severe pain 24/7 with bilateral radiculopathy. I finally decided to see another neurologist. He determined that based on current MRI's my discs were a mess. c4/c5 and c5/c6 were collapsed. He performed a 2 level artificial disc replacement. After an unpleasant recovery I had only a small degree of pain improvement. 9 months later lady luck came calling again. I was once again rear ended while stopped in freeway taffic. This guy was doing 65+ when he hit me. Now I have two broken driver's seats to my credit. Once again pain meds and muscle relaxants were used for just a short time, mainly because they don't touch the pain. I then was sent to a pain management doc who attempted treatment with a new round of injections. No improvement. I was sent to a new PM doc and he suggested trying SCS. I jumped at it as I was frustrated at no improvement. We proceeded with the trial with the percutaneous leads. I actually had some improvement but the location of my pain was higher than where the stimulation covered. After consultation the PM and the neurologist agreed that a high cervical paddle lead was needed for me. The surgery happened on Jan 2, 2015. The surgeon performed a partial laminectomy between c1/c2 and inserted the paddle in a retrograde fashion (from above, not below). The next 2 weeks were brutal. I tried to use the unit many times but only got stimulation on the right side of my occipital region. I consulted with the St. Jude Medical rep and she suggested that due to incisional swelling and healing that the stimulation may not be effective for a while. I di not have any complications such as infection. I finally returned to work as an optometrist (rather low key work physically). For the following 3 months I tried the unit and just never had any change in stimulation, just the occipital region on the right side, never the neck or shoulders. The St. Jude rep tried for an hour to reprogram my unit but was getting odd impedance readings that were off of the scale. I had an x-ray and that's when the real story was told. For some completely unknown reason and/or mechanism my paddle lead had come completely up and out of the spinal column and also rotated 90 degrees. The neurologist indicated that he had never seen this happen spontaneously. He had only two other situations where there was a major paddle displacement but both involved violent injuries (one was a surfing accident). I am set to have a revision surgery in a month. Has anyone out there had a similar experience? I lead a rather sedentary life as I hurt too much to do anything else. I would love to hear that I am not alone with this experience.
    Lawrence Young
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Hi Ron!

I think you're right. :)
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    The purpose of this thread was to let everyone know about our Welcome Message.

It was not intended for members to post situations about themselves. There is nothing wrong in doing that, but posts here are not going to get the same action as when you post in the correct areas.

Take some time to read the Welcome Message , so you understand how to navigate Spine-Health and how to make the
    better threads/posts.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com