Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain level

Hi, as its going on 2 months post op for me after 7 level fusion. Pain is still there, quit high to. Back is still numb. Have stabbing pain. Standing and sitting can be tolerated for short periods. And as I read some other post, Just want to here how you are feeling. How you get through your day. Like they say, misery likes company. But really just want to here what others are feeling and how they deal with it. I was hoping for a faster recovery, was told 3-6 months. Have a friend that had her knee replaced, up and walking same day, after 1 week no pain, and walking good? She looks at me like? You being a baby over your pain. ( never said it, but can tell) Some family and friends I think are tired asking how do I feel? Stopped at work to say hi?( Im a carpenter), And they say you look good. But I tell them it just hurts really bad, to do anything. So how is your day, I would like to read it, Thanks.
Greg fisher

• Doug HellDoug Hell Posts: 335
    edited 01/24/2015 - 4:41 AM
    Don't undermine or allow someone to undermine a 7 level fusion surgery!!! A knee replacement does not compare; Sorry. You are embarking on a roller coaster ride filled with confusing/frustrating ups and downs..... It is a long road to recovery, but you will get there....

What ever Doctor told you that 3-6 months would be an ideal recovery period is definitely not a Realist. I had a posterior instrumented 4 level fusion w/ radiculopathy and compression back in Jan 2014 and I am still not where I need to be. Now bare in mind that my injury was due to a serious car accident, but that's besides the point. Did you know that a fusion can take up to a full year to be fully fused?

I too was in construction and it is hard for anyone to see or feel your pain. We all feel the same way when someone asks us how we're feeling? Do you really want to hear it again (thoughts in your head)? it makes you feel like a whiner, but it is what it is and time is the only answer. And everyone is different. Again, do not undermine a surgery of this magnitude and don't ever let anyone make you feel like less of a person until they've been there and walked a few miles in your shoes....

My advice to you is to educate yourself. Knowledge is power. This is your life and you need to take control. There are a million good reads on spine-health. Do a quick search. Go to the library. Read up online. Make a list of questions and ask your Doctors when in doubt.

Sending healing vibes your way, my Friend.

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • Wow. I can't imagine a 7 level fusion. I had l5s1 8 weeks ago and am still in pain and not able to do too much. I'm not taking pain meds and just started PT. I guess I'm on track but I feel like I should be doing more. Guilt, I guess which is stupid. We live in a time where we kind of expect quick fixes, but there really isn't one for this. I'll keep you in my prayers. Don't push it and try to stay patient.