Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

thoracic nerve pain treatment

tweedie1987ttweedie1987 Posts: 1
edited 01/25/2015 - 7:19 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi,

This is my first post on the board so just a little bit about my problem first. Had really painful lower back for about 2 years but worked through it and have no lower back pain anymore.

Unfortunately I know have an intense burning pain under and between my shoulder blades, having tried lots of different treatments with no success I went to a different physio just before Christmas and he said my pain all came from nerve pain. I dont know if he means a trapped or pinched nerve but I think he does.

Just looking to see if anyone has had success working through this and whats the best way to manage and treat it.

I know I have been quite vague but any help will be much appreciated. I am going out of my mind.

Gerry
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,904
    edited 01/25/2015 - 7:19 PM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I had the intense burning pain between my shoulder blades but it was coming from my cervical spine not thoracic..You need to see your family dr & tell him/her your symptoms and see what they suggest you do...Are there any other symptoms you have? Have you had any diagnostic testing, MRI or CT-scan?
  • captainronccaptainron Posts: 1
    edited 02/12/2015 - 5:12 AM
    Fell on ice a week ago, back hit sharp edge of retaining wall. Have had extreme pain in the T6-T8 area of back. Orthopedic doctors in our town do not see patients for back, gave us a number for two doctors at hospital (neuro-surgeons) called, they won't see patients without a Dr. referral and catscans and MRIs, gave a number for re-hab doctors at hospital, can't see for two weeks- frustrating! How do you see a Doctor for a back injury in a town of 76,000? unbelievable! Called a sports rehab/chiropractic and wow yes they will see today. X rays were hard to read-but didn't think there was fracture. Not absolutely sure. Did some minimal manipulation and ultra-sound 2 days ago a bit better but 2nd day back to extreme pain. There is swelling on right side midback that does not got away with ice, looking a bit more swollen- have iced for a week. Any thoughts where to proceed. Been using back support wrap in that area.
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,952
    Nothing I did got that stabbing burning pain between shoulder blades under control until I got ESI that targeted annular tear. The worst of it is gone now in that area
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
advertisement