Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 weeks out of artificial disc replacement for C6/7

perrypvopperrypvo Posts: 2
edited 01/26/2015 - 6:31 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had artificial disc replacement surgery on 11/18/2014 (about 9 weeks out), but experienced daily headaches. The pain started on the left side of the neck (I had C6/7 herniated on left side) around the base of the skull) and spread upward to the top of the head down to the eye socket. It feels like migraine but with less intensity. I also have shoulder and arm-length soreness on the right.

I went back to the doctor at 8-week and explained the symptoms. He said the headache has nothing to do with the neck and thought it was muscle tension. He prescribed some mild muscle relaxer which didn't seem to help.

My question is whether the above symptoms are "normal" as part of the recovery, or do I have some other "issues" to worry about post surgery. Any insight or advise is greatly appreciated.

• If you're not comfortable w your surgeons response. Get a second opinion. What I am finding surgeons look at things through the lens of was the surgery a success. So with that said he or she me be less inclined to attribute your headaches to the surgery because they've never experienced any of their prior patients with similar issue's.

But I'd have to agree that the headaches are normal still. Are u still under alot of stress? Are u drinking plenty of water? Big coffee drinker? I just had cervical disk replacement 2 weeks today. And I'm having some issues but I have to be honest w myself. Would I have this headache normally. For me lack of sleep is a big contributing factor. I'd write down a log of how much water meds and everything else ur putting on your body. And bring that to ur surgeon to review.