Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can herniated disc heal after more than 2 years?

Hello everyone,

I've had a herniated disc in the L4-L5, lower back, section of my back. I've had this problem for just over 2 years. I have avoided any type of surgery, including the minimally invasive surgeries, and have been fighting this problem with a combination of tactics.

My main question: Is there still a possibility for my disc to heal and/or the pain go away after such a long period of time? I have heard typically that a disc can heal in anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 year. I want to know if there is still a chance for my back to reduce pain.

Thank you for your help,

• After 2 years most people have no difference between surgery and conservative measures. I think you have to consider your current quality of life and discuss with surgeons. In my case, I went to several surgeons and they all concurred that my injury would not heal on it's own. I tried some minimally invasive procedures and improved but only for a short time so I am about to have surgery. Looking forward to having my life back.