Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best Options For Removal Of Lumbar Scar Tissue?

After my failed fusions from L3 through S1 and C5-C6 with massive tumor removal from around the base of my spine, oh and 4+ months of being injected with Betadyne and special Chemo cocktails directly into my JP Drain by Interventional radiology and then my wife DAILY as instructed to by interventional radiology I am a mess. They were trying to "scar" close an area the size of a football that was now a monster Seroma created by that massive tumor space once removed. I directly asked my ortho surgeon if this "scaring" wouldn't lead to pain caused by scar tissue. He told me not to worry about it, could hurt me. Well THOUSANDS of dollars in co-pays later, 2 different plastic surgeons had to operate 2 different times to close that massive area that never even ever had any CHANCE of being closed any other way....imagine my surprise and how thrilled I was. On my final surgery I asked the plastic surgeon at my bedside just minutes before he operated to reach onto my back and FEEL this jagged edge all along that same left side they kept injecting me with to "scar".
You may have guessed it, he said, why that's just scar tissue. Let me see what I can do"! I was livid, still am. Bottom line is he removed it and literally 75% PLUS of my pain was gone! It was utterly so SHARP like barnacles or a jagged reef literally TEARING into my skin SO bad I could not even lay on my back in a soft bed. Now I am getting it again. For obvious reasons I want nothing to do with my orthopedic surgeon who got me there along with his $260K 5 disc back multi-fusion nightmare that not only failed giving me that 50% pain reduction but has 100% DESTROYED my life. II wonder who I need to see to get scar tissue surgically removed? Maybe I need to begin by asking my primary care doctor who I love? Only problem is he is now semi retired. He works 5 days on and 6 WEEKS off. But is the ONLY doctor I trust and respect. Just wonder where to start since pills or pain management can NOT "manage" jagged edged scar tissue.
Fusion With Hardware C5/C6
Fusion With Hardware L3 THROUGH S1

• Hi, I think I may have adhesions and am going to make an appointment with a chiropractor near me who uses "Active Release Therapy". If you google it, you will find the web site and at the bottom of the page there is a link to find a doctor in your area that does it. I tried to post the link, but the moderator wouldn't let me; against the rules. Hope you find help.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    chiropractor once you have known disc problems. The spinal cord is beyond their scope . They could actually do more harm
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com