Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Asymptomatic Reherniation

Suryoyo83SSuryoyo83 Posts: 5
edited 01/27/2015 - 3:41 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello. I'm a 31 y/o male. Active duty military, currently a full time student also.

Been suffering on/off for about 12 years with a herniated disc (majority of the 12 yrs it was asymptomatic. Finally on Thanksgiving 2014, it got to the point where the nerve pain was unbeatable, and I had weakness/numbness in my left foot/calf (pretty severe limp in my walk). Had a micro D on 2 Jan 15.

Procedure seemed to have gone well (I say "seemed" because my surgeon isn't the most vocal guy; didn't even follow up with me in the recovery room to say how it went, or provide me with next steps re: recovery).

Here's my huge concern. Ive been very careful not to bend, lift or twist, however at the three-week mark, my one year old child fell while playing under the table. I was the only one around, so like any parent, I bent down and awkwardly extended my body under the table. The action itself didn't bother me too much, but I felt it a bit the next day.

Even though the action didn't send me screaming, my biggest concern is asymptomatic reherniation. I cannot afford future recurrence (I'd seriously risk being kicked out of the military, and law school).

What are the odds of reherniation, based on what ive reported--been otherwise careful to follow the BLT rule, but might i have blown the surgeon's work based on this one stupid event?

To make matters worse , the next morning, I lightly wrestled with my 3 y/o daughter without thinking. Feeling it today.
Duplicate post please follow......