Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve stimulator spinal implant

bmillsblndybbmillsblndy Posts: 2
edited 01/27/2015 - 7:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am posting this on here about 12 days after my nerve stimulator implant and I am doing this in hopes of starting up a chat group if anyone has any questions because when I was looking on here I couldn't find too much current information on the procedure. There may be more than what I found I'm just new to this site and not really good at navigating it yet. Overall my experience has been great so far anything to get rid of the pain right? I would just like to start up chats with people if anyone has any questions I would love to answer them or if anyone has any input or complaints they'd like to get off their chest I would love to listen and or help.
I am new to this site and just wanted to put on here that I had a nerve stimulator implant 2 weeks ago actually it was January 15th and this is January 27th. The surgery itself was not too bad I was under anesthesia it took about 3 hours the pain after it was pretty pretty Rough. I had the surgery on a Thursday morning and was released on the next day Friday afternoon. I am about 12 or 13 days in and the pain continues to get better every day the implant was a success I had it for nerve pain in my sciatic and some pain in both legs from the waist down. I was allowed to turn my device on the day I left the hospital which was a blessing because now that the spinal swelling is down some from the surgery I am getting great results and do not have much pain at all from the waist down. The main pain is from the surgery spot in my thoracic spine where they had to do a partial laminectomy to insert the paddle which was used instead of the center lead that is sometimes used. I believe that is why my pain is worse than some people have complained before. As I said it is better daily I was down a bit but now I get up I use a walker so I miss walking too far but I am able to function and move around more now I have some days where I feel a little blue probably just boredom but I'm so thankful for the pain to be going away. Just wanted to post this on here to see if anyone else has had this surgery and would like to chat about it or if anyone has any questions. I go to my neuro surgeon tomorrow to get my staples removed. They round up with two incisions 12 and plant the device and 12 implant the paddle so I have a total of 24 staples a little more than I expected but hey we all know if it relieves pain will put up with some for a bit right! :-)
I hope anyone who has read this has a wonderful day and I hope it is as pain free as possible God bless!

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery