Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PM clinic issues

Mike987654321MMike987654321 Posts: 3
edited 01/27/2015 - 9:13 AM in Pain Management
So i have been with the same pain clinic for the past 6 months. Ive generally never had an issue til a couple weeks ago. I have been prescribed norco 10mg pain meds(4- 6 per day) the entire time I've been with them. so a couple weeks ago i had to take a urine test. i told them i had taken 1 norco on sunday morning. my urine test was monday at noon. during my last visit which was yesterday they claim that i had no opiates in my system. would they be out of my system within 1 day?so my nurse not believing me reduced my meds to 2- 5 mg percocet per day…i asked to be retested but she does not believe me. thinks I'm selling them or giving them away. has this ever happened to anyone here before?
so just now while i was typing this one of the nurses called and told me i needed to schedule an immediate appointment and to bring in the prescription that the nurse had wrote. that they would make a bridge script for the original dosage i had prior to that appointment… does this seem fishy? does it seem like they are gonna discharge me from there office?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I've never heard of a Bridge Prescription. But, I will say typically any time you test negative for a med that's been prescribed it doesn't turn out well for the patient. I would ask if they kept a control sample of your urine that could be retested.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Yeah my nurse does a bridge script say if i can't make an appointment or she has to cancel one.
    So i asked if they had my urine or if they would let me pee again when i was at the appointment but they both were refused. i called the main office and complained and asked what there procedure was for the testing and why i was refused to take the test over. the nurse said she would get back to me with the number to the lab to confirm. but thats when she called me back and said she wanted me to come in immediately. its all so confusing. i don't understand how i could test negative when I've always taken my medication. will norco be out of your system within a day?
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    edited 01/27/2015 - 10:18 PM
    I have tested negative on a urine test that was done at the office. They get a first reading then send to the lab, once the lab ran my urine is showed positive which i knew it would because i was taking 4 norcos a day 10 mg everyday for the last year. Could be they found out false negative from the lab and are going to be giving you back your scripts. I was lucky i had been with my pain dr for years without any issues or test failures so when the preliminary reading came back negative they gave me the benefit of the doubt and refilled my meds anyway. good luck
  • I really hope they give me the benefit of the doubt.. they said they had sent it to the lab but who knows. ill be going in friday and ill find out then. i just don't want to have a negative report on my medical history just cause of an issue on there part. i really do appreciate the responses though, it does help give a perspective and makes m stress less.
  • I'm glad I don't live there. We have 100% Health Care and in 12 months, I've never signed anything or had to do a pee test or anything else for that matter....

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    edited 01/28/2015 - 9:28 PM
    All docs who prescribe long term use if medications have to test for it . It is the law