Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mid/Lower back Spine/Muscle pain

Just under my middle of my back I have some pain on my spine when I bend over or touch it.

It immediately feels like its on the spine, and a bruised spine bone.

But if I rub and massage the area it hurts the spine bone for a little bit, but I can feel some nots/clicking above the spine and around.

The pain from the spine goes and when I touch the spine bone there is no pain.

So I thin the spine bone itself is fine but the muscle or something around it is causing the problem.

If I bend over a little bit and massage the area I can feel something around the area, its kind of click like its a not, but could be cartilage or something.

I have this for a month or so now and thought it would go away but it hasn't, I am planning to visit my doctor soon when I have the chance but thought I could seek some advice here in the mean time.

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    Had same when herniated t6-7 and annular tears in thoracic
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Thanks for the reply, I was hoping its not a hernia.

I gave it a heavy massage yesterday, laid on a soft ball etc.

Its inflamed now, im going to my doctor tomorrow to see what they say

if it s herniated, can I fix and recover with no surgery?

Or will it be a reoccurring problem?

I do a lot of training and combat sport, so hopefully its not too bad.

I have managed until now with no problems, its just when i bend over I can feel it
  • The confusing thing with back pain is 5 people could describe really similar symptoms but they could all be caused by different problems! I know it sucks as an answer but really you need a proper diagnosis. Even the really simple things like massage, rest, ice or heat can make my pain flare depending on what's causing it. Let us know what your doc says, preferably some diagnostic tests & we should be able to help more. Best of luck ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Thank englishgirl

Yes your are right, hence why im seeking a examination first.

Everything I have read about herniated discs, people say they feel pain or numbness in other parts of the body like the arms, legs etc.

I only have the pain in the area mentioned, so hoping its not this

but ill come back once i get full verdict