Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

January 22....7days I still need pain medication and worn completely out!

linda55llinda55 Posts: 39
edited 01/29/2015 - 8:33 PM in Recovering from Surgery
It's hard getting around this board, hopefully this will PASS VERY SOON! Am I hurrying things too fast? I have to force myself to do anything. Still have to take my medicine. Does anyone else feel this way? Would love to hear from someone, anyone that's had this type of surgery. As always ready to call it a night I'm exhausted. GOD BLESS and will or hopefully hear from someone tomorrow.

• 7 days isn't very long. Its a long slow recovery. I didn't stop pain meds till 6 weeks out and that was only because I need to get back to work and was afraid of withdrawals. I'm now 8 weeks out and could still have days where I wish I had something stronger than Tylenol. Too luck!
  • I am two weeks exactly from ACDR, two level of my cervical spine. I am using my norco still until today on an every 4 hour schedule. Saw my surgeon and finally was given anti inflammatory that wasn't provided at check out. Take your meds as you feel needed no two people are alike, and you should embrace your journey.

With that said, I had to go to ER this pass week because I was severely impacted. As the ER doc advised this is a common problem post op. So I strongly suggest as you continue ur meds, up your water and fiber intake. Along w a stool sooftner. I also keep a bowl movement log, just so I'm not caught off guard on how long it's been. Which was my issue. Also, I don't know about you, but I tended to think I was drinking enough water prior to my issuse. Now I'm keeping a water log to make sure I'm actually drinking enough. Hope this helps.
  • Also to add in two weeks out and still exhausted, writing this from my bed on my phone because I can barely stay awake. I also find that I'm not getting enough calories on via food. I don't have much of an appetite
  • Nicklr32NNicklr32 Posts: 28
    edited 01/30/2015 - 5:17 PM
    I'm 15 days post op TLIF and saw my surgeon two days ago. I'm having the same issues of being completely exhausted, etc. It's totally normal. Your body has been through a major surgery and trauma. It is a long log slow recovery. Don't push it to much and do undo damage.
  • I'm 31 days post op from posterior cervical discectomy and fusion with foraminotomy at C4-C5 level. I'm still on pain medication. I'm still unable to drive.
    Its a sloiw recovery. Don't rush it. I must take my own advice, because I'm very stir crazy being in the house so much. Also, I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night. I believe its my body's way of healing. Even with that much sleep, I'm still tired during the day.
    Its worth taking it easy for as long as possible.