Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Happy July 4th

BruceBBruce Posts: 516
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Happy 4th July to all our US Spineys!

Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Happy 4th everyone! Don't forget to light your sparklers!
  • Thanks for the Banner Bruce. It is really cool :)

I don't have any plans for the 4th, but hope that everyone that can will get out and enjoy the day with family and/or friends.

Happy 4th of July to all Spineys :D

Take care and put the fireworks out in a bucket of water for safety. 8)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    Enjoy the Holiday Weekend. Thanks Bruce, I know the Fourth of July is an American only holiday, so expressing your thoughts is super.

I will definitely try to fit in a single malt or port and tip my glass to you!

Have a Safe and Fun Weekend everyone! Please remember what its all about

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Bruce and Happy 4th to all spinies out there. Just remember to light off some fireworks or have a drink for my brothers and sisters who are in uniform overseas fighting. Thanks again everone and have a safe and happy 4th of July!

• happy fouth of july everyone,and thnx to the good people,who are in the serving over seas......
  • Thoughts about the writing of our Declaration of Independence.

Thomas Jefferson wrote it in 17 days. No electricity, no internet for research, no software, no cut, copy or paste. Only pen and ink, and candlelight to write at night. He was only 33 years old. And he did it alone, in two rented rooms of an otherwise occupied house... in the unairconditioned weather of mid summertime. And yes, it was on a deadline. There was a sense of urgency at that time.

Did he know, as an extraordinarily young man for such a task, that in this room, at this desk, at this time, through his mind and by his hand that he was going to change the world?

A few things about the writing of the document:

It was written between June 11 and June 28, 1776.

Jefferson was one of a committee of five (Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger Sherman, Robert Livingston) that was asked to write the declaration. It was understood that it needed to list the causes for severance. An author at heart, Jefferson was the logical choice to write it.

Jefferson chose to be away from the distractions of the city to write the declaration.

He rented two furnished rooms on the second floor in the home of Jacob Graff on the outskirts of Philadelphia, one was a sitting room, the other a bedchamber, with a bed shorter than Jefferson was tall.

The Graff house was surrounded by farm fields. There was a stable across the street. Horseflies from the stable pestered Jefferson constantly while writing it.

Jefferson had an account at the City Tavern while writing the Declaration. That obviously didn’t distract him.

The original Graff house was torn down in 1883. It has since been recreated and is an exhibit.

The Weather on July 4, 1776:
    The weather the day that our Declaration of Independence was ratified was not has hot as one might think. Jefferson was a meticulous keeper of a weather journal. He had a thermometer with him. The temperature that day was 68oF at 6 a.m., 72oF at 9 a.m., and 76oF at 1 p.m. It was 11 o below normal. Winds that day shifting from the north to the southwest, with decreasing air pressure. The sky become overcast and cloudy by late afternoon.

• have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Hope everyone is having a great 4th!! Its absolutely beautiful here!! Couldn't have asked for a better day! I have to work tonight so thats a bummer but I do get to see some of the fireworks.

Hank you are absolutely right...I will toast all the men and women of the military fighting for our freedoms. If it weren't for all of you, we wouldn't all be celebrating this day!! Im so lucky and blessed to be living here!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!