Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here I go again

Wed.night I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. First ride in one and hopefully will be my last. I woke up for work and was having what I thought was a huge flare up on my neck. My neck was locked up to the left. I tried to stand up and my legs just gave out. After finally getting myself up off the floor I starting walking down the hallway and again my legs just quit working. A family member called the ambulance. By the time I arrived at the hospital my legs were working again but very weak. I had to chuckle at the hospital staff they were all freaking out over the way my hardware sticks out, I kept trying to tell them it has been this way for around 10 years. They would not listen to me, I was strapped in so i was unable to move at all until ct scan and xrays were done to verify no broken hardware. But discovered problems at c1-c2 now. They called my family Dr to see if she had a surgeon she preferred and attempted to contact the surgeon to have him look at the cat scan. They were unable to reach him. I was sent home but a referral was sent to the surgeon. The surgeon called me and told me that they would not accept the er referral and had to be done by my pcp. I saw my PCP yesterday and she did the normal reflex testing which showed diminished reflexes in the legs. She sent over a referral for the surgeon marked ASAP. This Dr contacted her and told her wants all 8 surgery operative notes before he will schedule. This is impossible, one place purges records after 10 years, another dr retired and the last i heard was medical records were in his garage in garbage bags. My newest surgeon just retired this year. Once he gets all the records he then will decide if he can help me or not, if he cannot then no appointment will be scheduled. Here is my issue with my insurance this Neuro group is the only place we can go that our insurance will cover, the way things are going ASAP does not mean anything to a surgeon. My family Dr told me if I fall again before seeing the surgeon that I am to go to the ER and she will have me admitted until someone figures out what is going on. This time I am truly scared. I have considered myself very lucky with the help of a great surgeon I have use of all my limbs. I keep thinking about all the what if's, what if i cant be helped and this progresses. Will I end up in a wheelchair if not for safety reasons only or lose use of my legs. As far as my spine goes the hits just keep coming and coming.

• Scary and what an uncertain time this is for you, on multiple fronts. I will keep my fingers crossed you get an answer sooner rather than later. Hugs
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1