Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

follow up with surgeon - questions for him

I have radiculopothy from a massive nerve root impingement that was relieved somewhat July 20th from a microdiscectomy.
I can now walk mostly normal. I've recently graduated from a cane!
the Pain of the nerve twinges in the night wake me up at 2 a.m. Sometimes they are like fire. Sometimes like ice. I've managed to get rid of the cramps by having a heat pad available if the cold wakes me. Those are pretty horrible. They had me jumping out of be like there was a fire lit under me. Not pretty.
During the day I can manage with basically ignoring it.
I would like to try Lyrica but am scared about the side effects. I'm wondering if there are other options to me for relief.

I would like to ask him three things:
1. Can I drive?
2. May I explore a Pain Managment Clinic? I think this may be chronic pain. I don't know. I just know it hasn't ended in 6 months.
3. What are the odds of this happening to me again? We'll be reading my follow up MRI. I need to know how to get back into the system fast. I feel I wasn't dealt with fast enough when I was fighting for my motor function in July. I didn't know the clock was ticking and I trusted the hands I was dealt.

Am I missing something? I've been living with this lack of sleep and pain for so long I already feel a fog.

I feel like this will be the last appointment with him. Should i just ask for another repeat with him?

This is where I'll start to babble on.....what say you wise spineys?