Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acupunture back pain treatment

oso94ooso94 Posts: 1
edited 02/04/2015 - 9:22 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi im 20 years old, a month ago i eent to the an acupuncturist and he treated me for a lower back pain but after the treatments i havent been the same i just havent been able to sleep well its like my body rest but my my mind is elsewhere and i wake up woried and worried he place about 12 needles in my back for 30 minutes and i had discomfort for a month strait mind fog is the closest i can descrive it to mabe that caused my brain blood vessel to get damaged or nerved or something that would cause this.
Oso94
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,904
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/alternative-care/acupuncture-considerations

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Acupuncturists and patients believe that the procedure promotes the vital flow of energy through all areas of the body. Researchers speculate that acupuncture may aid in the release of the body’s natural painkillers as well as chemicals regulating blood pressure.

It isn't uncommon to have minor soreness for a period of time immediately following treatment, although it is rarely a cause for concern. It troubles me to know that you are dealing with long term discomfort and/or pain. Perhaps your problem lies within the Acupuncturist that is delivering you the care.... Acupuncture produces little to no side effects when delivered properly by a licensed Acupuncturist. Unqualified Practitioners can deliver substandard care, resulting in pain from improper needle placement and even infections from unsterilized needles. I'm beginning to think that you should go somewhere else if you want to continue on with this treatment. It's just my gut instinct here as I only know what you are telling me. Why not try somewhere else to see if these symptoms stop or continue on? That is where I would begin the process of elimination.

Wishing you the best and keep us posted.

-Doug
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore