Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scared of laminectomyl

My name is Patti. I am 59 and live in San Diego, my doctor group is Univ if San Diego, CA (UCSD).

In 2003 I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, at L5-S1. Mt right leg was mostly effected at that time AND my MRI showed narrowing and 7mm synovial cyst. The stenosis was on my left side and symptoms were right sided so doctors said surgery may do nothing. Now it's 2015. Both legs are severely effected. I drag myself around with shopping carts and rolling walkers. My feed are so numb, my doctor can stick a needle and I barely feel it, esp. The right side.

I also have bilateral bursitis in my hips, physical therapy helped for a while. MRI shows lots of arthritis but I don't have a doctor that treats it. The rheumatologists here only want other types of arthritis, or lupus...

My MRI shows my back is severely compressing on my nerves. I get epidural shots in both sides every 12weeks. I had radio-frequency ablutions/RFAs for my hips but they quit working. I get a neuromuscular/deep tissue massage every 14. days. I have lidoderm patches and bio freeze, aspercream, arnica, liquid magnesium, heating pads, a 4 inch foam topper on my mattress. I take 50 mcg of Fentanyl/72 hrs and 4 Norco a day. I am not allowed NSAIDS but I take them everyday because my pain won't go away. My pain in Not CONTROLLED and my doctors won't increase my pain meds.

So I was so desperate I saw a neurosurgeon to schedule a laminectomy. What can I expect? Will it help my pain?
How long was your recovery? They told me it won't get rid of my back pain, I can lose my walker, and 2 months recovery time,

Please tell me how your spinal stenosis surgery went.

Scared!!!!!! Thanks