Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 months post T 12 - L 1 fusion

Heather NHHeather N Posts: 2
edited 02/06/2015 - 4:45 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi I'm new to this group. I fell from a ladder and wound up with a complex L1 burst fracture. I had arthododis with screws and rods to stabilize my spine 3 months ago. I'm still experiencing a lot of pain and my activities are very limited. I'm 34 and very active in sports - climbing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, hiking etc.

I am wondering if I will be able to do these things again? I can't do much right now. Just tidy up around the house - about 10-20 min stints then I have to lay down again. On good days I walk my dogs.

Itching to get back to the life I love. Any one had success returning to these types of activities?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 02/06/2015 - 4:48 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Heather. I had l5s1 fusion with rods 10 weeks ago and was wondering the same thing today. I don't do as many outdoor activities as you and am 52 and doing about the same. Don't do nearly as much as I thought I would be at this point and also need a lot of down time. I'm curious as to when if ever I'll be running around like I used to. Must be especially hard when you're so young. Hope you get better. I guess its just wait and see for now. Blah.
  • gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 160
    Thats all that is on my mind. at 50 had a 7 level thoracic fusion. From a ladder fall, landing on my feet. I to was active. All water for me, boating, jetski, tubing. And my job is not easy, Carpenter, Up and down, lifing and just plain hard work. And a heavy tool belt around me. Its been 3 months now. Seen my doctor one time for 10 min in Jan. He thinks i will be going back to work mid April. As of today... I dont see that. It better be one month of some good healing. Im learning to live with the pain, the feeling of a knife in my back. Dont know if age plays a big factor, but im at a stand still with feeling better. Its the first time that i feel scared. Will I return to a life that I had. Or one that i have to say, I will sit this one out. You go on without me.
    Greg fisher