Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

21 y/o, herniation at L5/S1, getting a microdiscectomy. Salsa dancing after three weeks?

What do you guys think of salsa dancing three weeks after the operation? A lot of my friends want to take it at my college for next quarter. Only thing is, about the time the class starts, I'll be three weeks out. However, my surgeon did say after three weeks that I could return to sports, finally lift more than 10 lbs, etc. (basically, my exercise can go beyond just walking at that point). Still can't return to weight lifting or any contact sports for about six months.

It would only be a beginner class, so I doubt we'll be doing anything crazy. Also, only twice a week for about an hour and a half. I'll make sure to ask him as well, but I'm wondering what y'all think too.

• Hi,
    I myself am going in for a Discectomy in 5 days. My Surgeon stressed the importance to me of letting the disc heal. Otherwise there is a greater chance of re-herniation which would then lead to a spinal fusion. In my case he said it would be at least 4 weeks before I could return to work, but everyone is different. I will follow my surgeons directions to a tee . I don't ever want to go through the pain I've been dealing with again!
    Your young and might heal a bit faster but this is something I would ask my surgeon if I were you. You only get one spine so don't try to rush into anything. I wish you the best of luck!!