Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hot herbal teas to help sleep

I recently tried some of that celestial stuff called sleepytime. Iwas at wits end, meds having reverse effects and keeping me up .A friend thats into natural stuff(has a herb garden with common herbs like chamomile,comfry and others) suggested it and it is at the grocery store.Seems to help with sleep.Im going back for another box today,hope they have more.

the other versions dont taste the same.Itried that when the store was sold out.didnt work.Anyone else try that to help them get sleep?

• Never tried it but I may after my next surgery, not taking anything before the operation. They ask you to stop all herbals before as a precaution.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 02/08/2015 - 12:55 PM
    for two or more years now.
    Its not a commercial blend.
    I go to a tea specialty shop and they have what is called " Moonlight Snooze"
    They dont give out their blends, but I know it contains at least:

Jasmine Flowers, Linden, Passion Flower, Valerian Root

Works great
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i researched more and found the celestial sleepytime has rose petals in the mix,researched that and found people make rose petal teas to help with sleep.The local grocer has been sold out now again so went to a nearby town,they had it,bought 3 boxes and sipping it as I type.
    Dr gave mescripts for sleep aids but I quit taking those as dont like the effects.hallucinations and walking into walls to get to the bathroom..no thanks.
    the tea now works wonderfully,i may look for a source to make the rose pettle teas that is said to work great but half the issue is waking up to pain so have it half won...a start.