Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Prayers

Hello, I am scheduled to have a two stage spinal surgeries this week. On Tuesday, February 10th I will have stage one and February 13th I will have stage 2.

I have degenerative disc disease, stenosis, scoliosis. I am having an 8 level fusion from T10 to Pelvis with instrumentation to fiction the scoliosis.

I need your prayers and any healing vibes you can send. Can anyone tell me how bad the pain will be after the instrumentation is done? How long.does it last, I am terrified and am trying to prepare myself mentally for what to expect.

Thanks everybody

• I am truly sorry you have to go through this I will send
    you my prayers and will have you in my heart.
    I have yet to have back surgery, seeing a surgeon now.
    So for me to give you any idea on the pain I cannot but
    I can imagine how scared you must be and wish there were
    words to comfort you. I had horrible fear when I got my
    bladder surgery which is nothing like back surgery.
    There are so many here who have
    went through what you have and will help you I am sure
    with your anxiety. Maybe you should talk to your Doctor some
    more get any questions or concerns cleared up.
    There is also a lot of great information on this web-site that might
    bring you peace.
    Please make sure you keep us up-dated on how you are doing.
    Wish you all the best.
  • HybridhattieHHybridhattie Posts: 72
    edited 02/09/2015 - 1:48 PM
    British bulldog,
    I will keep you in my prayers. May you be in safe hands for your surgery and we look forward to hearing from you afterwards.
    I found listening to some calming meditation helped me to keep it together on the day.
    Sending you prayers and healing vibes.
    DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement
  • I haven't had a back surgery, I am due to have ifuse of my si joint in 2 weeks though. I can understand some nerves and fear. I wish I could tell you how bad it would be. The best I can offer is prayers. I pray for you to find peace and comfort, I pray that you are able to find calmness as you go through this process. And most of all I pray for the surgery to go well and for you to focus on anything else but the pain. I hope you will be able to surround yourself with positive people that can help you during this time of need.

Mother of 2 & Preschool Teacher