Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok I'll admit it is not surgery related!!

• Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • Enjoy your Jetta! When we first got married, for years we were driving VW, we even pulled a small tent trailer with it.

Then we traded it up to bigger cars, and to tell you the truth, I can't imagine sitting in one after fusion. So I am sure you will find your new wheels way mor comfortable these days.

Happy driving!

Kin ;) ;) ;)
  • Good Looking car and easy on the fuel.

• Very nice ride there John!

• We honestly never looked at one of those, now I'll have to go for a test drive! Have fun!
  • It's NICE. I typically don't like white vehicles but I could be swayed by that one!
  • Congratulations John. Jettas are excellent, reliable cars. Nice Cockpit! I wish you many years of enjoyment. Probably easier on the back too.
  • I really like it! very sporty and classy!!! reminds me of my Nissan ;) image
  • Thanks everybody,

I love zipping around in it...

Sheryl had a white car several years back and I always worried about them showing dirt but stragne as it seems they do not look at dirty as a dark color..

She is a head turner...thinking about tinting the windows...

• Yesterday Alex and I cleaned the garage it was a mess from all the remodel projects....I now have three trashcans full…lol…

Sheryl and I hit the pool for several hours nothing like soaking up some sun and here is the gasser…

Gabby often goes out to my brother and sis n laws and rides horses, (she is learning, my sis n law is teaching her) Well growing up and into my twenties I had several horses and was in a saddle 8-10 hours a day (Owned and trained race horse), well Gabby asks me if I would like to ride. So here I am in flip flops, and shorts, have not been on a horse is many moons (15-18 years). So I accepted the challenge I kicked off my flip flops, emptied my pockets and adjusted the stirrups, my brother is asking me if I need to step stool to saddle up…I just laughed said no, I put my left foot in the stirrup pulled myself up just like it was only yesterday that I was last on a horse, untie the reins (Gabby rides with them knotted just in case she drops them).

I wiggle my rump in the saddle, flip the reins over each other and push the stirrups forward to insure the length is fine and away we go, Mr. Zip as he is known is a good looking paint horse and I would guess he is 3 maybe 4, I start off in a slow canter let him get adjusted to me (I.E. about half way around the pen) and then I grow real tired of this slow canter and quickly have him in a real nice slow lope …( Have been trying to tell Gabby it is a dance and she must learn how to move her hips in time with the horse, she rides real stiff and is deathly scared of getting bucked off). So all the while I’m doing some slow loping counter clockwise around the pen (3-4 times). I bring him to a sliding stop, do a little back up work and give him a two second pause and right back in to a lop.

He is starting to respond to me well so as I’m going counter clock wise in the pen I start him out on some crossover figure 8’s ( sis n law tells me he does not switch leads real well) He does now.. I had him doing figure 8’s would slide him to a stop in the cross over, back him for 3-4 steps 2 second pause two clucks and right back to a lop before we made the turn. Did all this for a little while, back felt fine and he is responding well to me at this point so I slow him down back to a canter and pull him up in the center of the pen and let sis n law cool him off. Sure felt good being back in the saddle..

I think I’ll go back out and work on doing some reining exercises with him, he responds well to a d-bit but needs a tie down because he likes to toss his head up when he is asked to reverse directions.

Needless to say Gabby was impressed in her old mans riding ability.

What a great day to be alive…Oh yea so far I’ve made what looks like 3 B’s in my summer classes…

Catch everybody on the flip side…

• That's great...Its nice to hear that there is life after fusion! The last time I was on a horse we went on a private back tour in Aruba....galloping on the beach, over to the natural pool, it was awesome. It looks like once I'm realeased for more activity I might try to talk to hubby into a similar trip.

Nice job on your classes!
  • Mr. John, what I wanna know is "how in the heck do you download pictures?" I've been working on it, with quite a bit of confusion. Nice ride!!! Ya, these gas prices are ganna kill all of us!!! I think we should all go back to riding horses, wagons, etc...
  • First the picture has to be hosted somewhere ..
    Photobucket, ShareaPic ect.

Then when you have it hosted somewhere on the web you put it in this type of text string.

[i m g ]http://this is where the picture is hosted.com[ / i m g ]

Please note I added spaces so the server would not go out and try to locate something.

Does this all make sense?