I believe I had a building disc that finally ruptured approximately 6 to 8 weeks ago. I had an MRI that indicated the herniation pressing on the left nerve root which is creating numbness in my left glute abd back spasms when I lean to the left. I literally look like my left hip is pulling up at all times. I'm scheduled to get a cortisone shot this Wed and hope that relieves some of the pain and spasms I am going through.
My concern from I read is that waiting longer then 6-8 mths can cause permanent nerve root damage. Is this true? I'm willing to try PT and see if this shot helps before opting for surgery. Although, I don't want to wait before having the best chance of relieving the back spasms.