Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is the best option right now for my herniated disc?

eckzoticeeckzotic Posts: 2
edited 02/17/2015 - 8:45 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi, I'm a 17 year old soccer player who has been injured with an Anterior Herniated disc for about 9 months now. The reason for the duration of my disc is because I actually healed about 80% , to where I couldn't feel the pain, and I went to practice for 2 weeks, and it came back. I've actually done this multiple times, hence the duration of the injury, I would think I've gotten better, and go play , and it would come back, soccer is honestly like a drug to me, some times I could feel the pain, but I would really want to play, so I went, but I know better now. I've done my research about herniated discs, so I kind of know what to do and not to do. Fortunately, unlike many people with herniated discs, I don't have extreme pain down my leg or anything , I only have the sharp pain in my injured disc area when I bend backwards or twist, I'm actually running 2 miles everyday fine without any pain, the only thing that brings on the pain is quick back movements, like shooting, passing, sprinting, basically everything you do in soccer.
Also if you need it, I'm 17, 5 foot 7, 138 pounds male.

I have a couple questions ,

1) What should I do for my back to heal 100%, I want to be able to get back to soccer and not have any pain?
2) How can I tell when i'm fully recovered?
3) My last question isn't really a question, but it's my everyday schedule and I would like some of you guys to tell me if what i'm doing is right or wrong. So at night I sleep on the floor either on my side with a pillow in between my knees or with a pillow under my knees, also, sleeping in these positions are kind of hard because I toss and turn in the middle of the night and find myself waking up without the pillow in-between or under my knees, what should I do? So anyways, when I wake up I go to school , and put this thing for my posture behind my back because school chairs are a pain, when I come home I take 1 vitamin E pill, 1 vitamin D and K pill, and 2 Glucosamine chondroitin MSM wafers. I then eat and take a 30 minute nap in one of the positions I described earlier. I then wake up and go to the park, I warm up for about 30 minutes, then run 2 miles, then I come home and stretch my quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips. Sometimes I also put ice on my injured area before I go take a hot shower. I then go to sleep and do it all over the next day. I know it's a lot to ask for you to answer all these questions , but I would really appreciate it if you took your time to read it and answer my questions. I take soccer very seriously, and I have multiple opportunities waiting for me soccer wise, but of course I can't do anything because of the injury, I really hope I don't have to rest for 1-2 years without soccer, because by then ill be 20, and my soccer career is pretty much over and all my opportunities will be gone, please help me , thank you ! :)